Weeding

I promised myself that the first cool evening after this hot spell I would weed the front garden.  Monday, it came and though there were a million other things to do, I was committed.  As I pulled the weeds I thought, how many times, how many years have I spent pulling weeds?  Perhaps they aren't the same exact ones but they are related and take the same space.
At brief  intervals I felt compassion for the weeds...it wasn't their fault they were there and didn't they have the same right as plants, some even looked kind of pretty.  But I pulled them anyway.
Once the weeds were removed the soil was rich and beautiful and the plants looked healthier - restored.
Many analogies come to mind from mistakes and sin to meal preparations and diets, and so forth.  What does it make you think of?

Comments

Popular Posts