Distraction

My brain is my greatest distraction. Do you ever feel that way too? I hurried to clean the kitchen this morning before leaving to get my hair cut, only to find out once I arrive that I am a week early. So I decide to browse at a used book store for "Faith, Hope, and Ivy Jane". They didn't have a copy so I visited the nearby JoAnn Fabrics. I knew I shouldn't go there but... I found a rooster I liked and got lost in fabrics that I love and came home with a few plus an idea for a small wall-hanging that I wanted to create NOW of course. Once home reason took control - at least part of the way and I got back to cleaning. There is so much more to do than I ever have time and energy for but part of me is screaming to create this fall colored quilt idea, but I have company coming tonight so I must clean. Part of me wonders - I look forward to this visit but I'm so distracted by my creative urges that I'm afraid I'll be less that hospitable at moments tonight. Tomorrow is booked with 'have to do's, and then Sunday comes and the week starts once again. I think that Sunday is going to have to be a "creation day".
Definitely, I am my greatest distraction because here I sit at the laptop instead of vacuuming the floor!

Comments

Popular Posts