Candle light




The girls and I attended Relay for Life last night. The boys and man went to the priesthood commemoration camp out. I hope they had as much fun as we did! Number 1 daughter won over 10 stuffed animals, I visited with a teacher friend and walked, we enjoyed an Applebees meal, and my youngest daughter bid on 2 auctions, played with the candle wax during the candle lighting ceremony, and donated money to the Mr Relay contestants. Don Fuller was a trooper for dawning up in dress, sandals, and wigs for the all night walk. I hope his feet recover. Another Mr Relay "Courtney" and his fiancee were very helpful in locating my wandering youngest daughter.

It was a touching sight to witness the luminaries, carry candles around the track and listen to the many names read of persons affected by cancer. We even heard Lois Randall and Sarah Ward's names among the listed!

Comments

Jo said…
How wonderful you were able to participate in this Lisa. I know a family in our ward that does this every year here. They say it is such a special time. I glad the girls went with you.

Popular Posts