Mom, I'm fine, really.

Mom.... I'm feeling well enough to go outside. Please, can I go out?
Four kids with colds including 2 with ear aches. One wants to go play outside and claims it is a violation of rights to leave him inside at home.
One is a birthday girl and just so mellow that she stares at me with a pitiful look, a warm body (102.4 temp), and a smile when she receives her birthday gift card to Build a Bear for when she is feeling better.
Another birthday girl had options for her celebration. After viewing the Twilight DVD, purchasing Wii Animal Crossing, eating cinnamon sticks at Cinnabon and banana candies and perusing the mall, she declared it to be the best birthday ever.
One son stands at my shoulder reading this post, not wanting to complete his 10 hours of reading for a Silverwood ticket, and declaring it unjust to not be able to use electronics after receiving a poor report card this trimester.
My sister is in town caring for my Mom this week, and I'm too busy with sick kids to visit. I am so relieved that she came, what would we have done without her help?!

Comments

Jo said…
glad you all better and glad I could be up there, but I missed not getting together also. oh well, next time.

Popular Posts