Living la vita loca

"Please pick up your son. He has swallowed a pencil." says the secretary at my son's middle school. That was about noon yesterday. By 5:30 pm at he pediatric ER I sit with a 2 inch pencil, 2 copies of x-rays, and a pictures of the procedure taken through the esophagus down to the stomach. My son reposes on a gurney eating a purple Popsicle. Relieved, I hear him say "I don't think I'll ever do that again."
Minutes later a call from my husband says "Are you ready for some more news? The Nissan is dead and we need to look for a new car this weekend instead of next year, The clutch is gone again, and something has shredded, they don't know exactly what but there are metal shavings in the engine, and the distributor cap is ..."

Comments

Jo said…
I would be loco also!! Hope you are able to find a car soon and glad the son is okay!
Sam said…
Oh my goodness - what a day. Hope he learned not to do that OR ANYTHING LIKE IT :-). Sorry 'bout the car.
Rick said…
I have watched the procedure to remove things that people have swallowed, its kind of cool to watch.
Just wait, the calls get better: "Dad do they have to read you your rights before they put hand cuffs on you"?

Popular Posts