Frozen

I had a fabulous day at 49 North where I finally transitioned from stem Christie turns to parallel skiing.  It's been years of effort but spending the day on the bunny hill with my husband coaching me I finally transitioned into freedom of parallel skiing!  I didn't want to quit, but it was evident that our day was done when our son had fallen and received a mild concussion.  Kind of hard to say "Hey everyone, I am having a great day! Push through for me, ok?!"So we returned our guest to her home and the Emperor and Chinstrap drove straight home. I was still on a high.
The next morning I awoke feeling good, and went about my morning.  I decided to trim my toenails, bent over and "POP" went my back.  I could hardly straighten up again. Since then I have quivered, shifted, applied China Gel or ice and worn a support brace, limbered up, only to return to stiff again.  It's been five days of barely functioning during the day and sleeping long hours at night. I'm starting to think it is all in my head, but then I twinge and catch, and guard against movement.  Pain?  Kinda hard to describe....it's more like stiffness, and a lot like fear.  I can move, and breathe, but it feels odd, out of place, like my pelvic bones aren't aligned. The location of soreness and stiffness changes.  One day it was my lower right pelvic area, now it has transferred to the lower left side of my spine.  It's Goofy.  If I move slowly, I have a good range of motion. If I move quickly I have sudden twinges of pain.  Diagnosis anyone?
Because of it, I am missing a great day of skiing.  I am so anxious to get back onto the mountain to solidify my new skill.
I'm blocked.

Is this a lesson in spirit as well?
I have dabbled all week with scripture study and prayer....stiffly moving through and slowly scraping by allowing distractions to interfere with true devotion.
Is this a lesson in emotion?
My feelings are frozen again...watching as if through a lens,.unwilling to permit any chances of highs or lows. Thank heaven for Adelie who got me to play a few hands of deluxe Uno last night and Chinstrap who is feeling better and made cookies for our family.
Is this a lesson in life?
Fearful to stretch out until I know it is safe? Guarded against possibilities of life's lessons.
Time to stop analyzing, and start moving.
Push through for me, ok?

Comments

Popular Posts