Since the Spokane Time Out for Women we've been clicking positive thoughts around here. See http://www.billionclicks.org/
Here have been the outcomes so far:
1) The oldest child doesn't have a clicker and doesn't '"get it.  He is sure to tell everyone who clicks, especially the youngest that she can't click because she is "making it up" and "can't possible have 3 positive thoughts in 5 seconds".
2) The second child was initially enthusiastic about clicking positives, then promptly placed the clicker in his room and left it unattended for 12 hours....his clicker was reclaimed :-)
3) The third child liked the gadget and took it to church.  The clicks were slow at first but in about 4 hours she clicked 102 times and I wondered if some of her positive thoughts were related to the joy she experienced by irritating her Sunday School class by clicking.
4) The fourth child clicked every time someone else said a negative thing.  I was a little concerned that she'd missed the point until I realized she was replacing every negative thought with a positive one.  I did remind her it's ok to feel sad, mad, and other emotions too.... (Pollyanna and an effervescent bi=polar missionary companion come to mind).
5) My clicker has been  *Surprise* inconsistent.  I have positive thoughts, negative thoughts, worries, and everything else.  However I did awaken feeling good after my day of clicking and the hymn that came to mind unbidden was Beautiful Savior a song of admiration and gratitude and that is definitely a positive.



Comments

CardsbyJo said…
Sis - keep on clicking!

Popular Posts