New Beginnings

I was reluctant to attend New Beginnings last night, and was so glad that I did.
The Conversion
By Brenda Emmett

I am...
I am nothing special.
I am just another face.
Inside I am in a world of darkness.
I have no hope.
No hope of a light to brighten my soul.
The stillness of the night haunts me.
Just a whisper beckons unto me.
To come closer...closer.
Slowly, I crawl to answer.
Suddenly, I am falling---
Faster and faster into nothing.
All around the darkness consumes me,
Digesting yet another victim.
Above me there is a flash of light,
Like the twinkling of a star.
I see a face.
I find a friend.
The light spreads---
Filling me with its warmth.
Out of the light a firm but gentle hand reaches out---
Protecting, directing, nurturing, teaching.
And suddenly...
I blossom.
I blossom with a new-found knowledge.
I am a child of God.
I am unique.
I am forever.
I am.




Individual Worth
  by M. Ann Margetson
We are told that every soul is of great worth,
For we are children of God who tread the earth,
Yet Satan whispers to us, "Yes, but not you,
Look at all the stupid things you say and do."

Look up and see the beauty of the trees,
 You are greater and more loved than these,
See every creature that is great or small,
You dearest one, reign over them all.

You are in God's image, like Him in every way,
Do not be discouraged if you slip each day, 
He loves you and helps you, wants you to grow
By the mistakes you make, for He loves you so.

Every ounce of pain and suffering is for good,
Every sin repented of, forgiven, you knew He would, 
Do not listen to Satan, the father of all lies,
You can be a queen, so aim higher than the skies.

Look at your potential, look at what you can become,
Fulfill your purpose on the earth and to heaven come,
Where your faith will be rewarded when the battle is won,
And faith will turn to knowledge then your journeys done. 





Comments

Popular Posts