Wizardry

There are times I wish I had magical powers to turn back time, fast forward moments, change outcomes, and grant wishes.  In our family we have the cowardly lion (lacking courage), scarecrow (wanting a brain), tin man (needing a heart), and even Dorothy (looking for family and home).  Wouldn't it be nice to be Samantha in Bewitched (minus the crazy relatives and neighbors :-)

My 13 year old daughter tried emotional blackmail with me tonight over something minor. I informed her that I spent 18 years taking care of people who did that very thing and I wasn't about to live with it at home.  Consequently, some privileges are gone and personal space is being curtailed until my husband and I agree she is safe enough to enjoy those things again!

Parenting!  Who would have guessed it would be so challenging!

Tomorrow I am celebrating 50 years with my mother and sisters in what is supposed to be a parenting free day.  I hope I remember how to relax and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts