Taking care day

I spent the day yelling at the kids yesterday :-(  Not very proud of myself.  So what got into me?  Was it the bed that got wet and soaked into the mattress?  Was it the kids taunting one another in the car ride? Was it the grumpy face on my daughter when I picked her up?  Was it the pressure of work cut backs and furloughs or too many evenings with scheduled activities?  Was it  a child who complained again hat dinner wasn't to his liking or the son who came home late without notice or the bank account with the low balance? Maybe it was the Wilderness Trek fireside meant to be spiritual by laden me with burdens of making pioneer looking clothing and trying to enlighten my children as to what they can glean from this journey.
By the time the kids cautiously came to say goodnight they discovered I'd locked the door and put head phones over my ears while diving under the covers to watch a Jane Austin film.
SO today...I'm taking care of me. I watched the remainder of PERSUASION in bed, downloaded some new to me hits by Eclipse, Jenny Jordan Frogley, Jenny Phillips, David Archuleta, Katherine Nelson, Pink Martini, and Mindy Gledhill (yes, I'm eclectic) and walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes.  I feel better and have a huge list of things I should be doing...that is just going to sit because now I'm hungry and I still plan to do things that are taking care of me. And I am desperately trying to not indulge in chocolates!
So what is going right this week?
1) I've been reading 15-30 minutes a day with Chinstrap and Adelie each.
2) Thus far I have made a healthy dinner each night.
3) I'm tracking WW.
4) The shed is done.
5) I'm mostly on track at work.
6) Rockhopper has been getting to seminary.
7) I enjoyed General Conference.
8) I had a good hair day once this week.
9) I have chocolate in my pantry and have not consumed it all.
10) Our house is still standing and we're still employed.
Oh and I made a warm spinach, artichoke, and red pepper dip and loved it!
And so far October is trying to display that Autumn glow.

Comments

Popular Posts