Fawning

This morning Eddie and I took a walk along a routine path.  As we passed near the property a small white-tailed fawn startled near us.   It took off running along the fence line and all I could see was this white tail bobbing along.  Suddenly it turn left right into the wire fencing and was unable to penetrate the grid. It began darting up and down the fence line looking for a place to cross over.  I walked Eddie across the driveway near a tree that suddenly was a quick distraction, and watched the fawn.  I felt compelled to do something to help it, but resisted my urge. It looked like it wasn't going to make it across the fence when in a flash the white tail leaped over the wire and dashed out of sight.
I'm discovering children can be like this - looking like they just won't make it, and they struggle without certainty.  Then whosh they accomplish it and move onward.

Comments

Popular Posts