JoAnns

I made two trips to JoAnns the other night.  I could go crazy wild in a store like that.  I had ideas for the girls rooms, the boys rooms, the garden, for the family room, for a quilt, and on and on in those few hours.  One of my boys suggested he get a job there just so I could splurge for less.
I remembered shopping with Mom at the JoAnn Fabric store in Ballard.  My sisters and I hid beneath the circular tables spiraled with bolts of fabric.  I can't imagine how we must have driven her crazy hiding, frolicing, and not being available when she wanted to try a print or color against our bodies. Yet we touched and gasped, and delighted in our fields of fabric.  Better than any field of wild flowers, or exotic garden. 
Perhaps that is where all four of us girls fell in love with the touch, texture, and craft of fabric.
I once thought the Ballrd JoAnn Fabric store to be too small to endure time.  How wrong I was!  That store like my memories have blossomed.

Comments

CardsbyJo said…
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Popular Posts