Change. The constant in my life.

Last night we (Rockhopper, husband, and I) met with his birthmother and her significant other of 7 years, and his biological grandmother.. I am so proud of his birthmother for the changes she has made in her life. It has been a long hard struggle and she is doing well. She has gone from drug addiction on the streets to a more stable life and become a peer counselor for others with addictions. She moves this week to the midwest where she will continue her work. Rockhopper's biological sister and her adopted mother came too. What a reunion!


Today Humbolt changes from public school to part-time cooperative school and home school. Already she seems relieved. Wish us luck :-)

Friday I will be helping Gentoo move from her home to an apartment nearby and preparing the house for sale.

So many changes all at once.

A friend recently said "I envy people like you who are so stable and so content with their lives." Hmmm.....

Comments

Popular Posts