Worries

What do you do when you are worried at the risk of becoming immobilized? I've discovered I eat chocolate and read children's books. I've read three books this week and I will not confess how much chocolate I've consumed!

For the first time in quite some time, I am concerned about job security. All across the country, state agencies are closing, reducing, and demanding mandatory furloughs. And very quietly, our state is doing the same. A bill has already passed the state senate creating mandatory furloughs that can reduce our wages by up to 5%. Since my husband and I are both state employees, this could reduce our family income by 10%. Although it is called "temporary suspension" effective March 2010 through the remainder of the biennium, if the economy doesn't turn around in 18 months, it mostly certainly will be permanent.
Then I am in a perpetual state of how to handle my parent without doing all the packing, cleaning, painting, and moving needed while managing my family and work.

I remind myself that "this too shall pass".

Alas too often feel like one of the five foolish virgins.

Comments

Popular Posts