A lesson in humility - on-going

So I have to say Thank you again to all of you that have been helping me out through the past several months (years).  I had a little reality check at work recently when I was feeling swamped at work, drowning at home, and mentioned it to a friend.  "Do you suppose you have been receiving a lot of help and support since your diagnosis and now you're starting to realize just what everyone has been doing for you?" she said.  "Welcome back to reality and to the human race."  I thought I was just a strong woman!
Reminds me of the jokes that say a person desperately needs hep or intervention from their divine creator and the person receives immediately relief only to say "Never mind, I got this one."
Or the daughter who finally grows up and has kids and realizes what her mother did for her all those years.
At work we are having a HAT party for a co-worker with cancer.  I'm reminded again how we never are truely alone in times of trial, even when we  may feel like it.

Thank all of you for your help whether or not I recognized or acknowledged it!

Comments

Popular Posts