Cooking while listening

Made three new recipies today The Chicken Lentil Chili, Chicken Pot Pie, and Quick Chocolate chip bar cookies (from TTFM). 

I say thumbs up to the chili, though I couldn't persuade the children to taste it.  The pot pie was sweet due to the carrots and yams and the kids were pleasantly surprised. 

The cookies had mixed reviews, the cookie batter was tastier than the finished product.  It used confectioner's sugar instead of granualted sugar which gave it a different texture.  But hey, they were 2 WW points each!

I actually enjoyed cooking, which I mostly attibute to listening to a story on CD as I worked., these are recipes that my husband has not yet tried (therfore not an expert), and they are mostly healthy. Oh, and the kids were occupied elsewhere during most of it, but helped when I asked and how I asked.

Did I mention the cinnamon rolls were devoured by a late night - early morning raid by my husband.? There is an Italian word for that - vergonia!

Comments

Jo said…
I'm still laughing :)
Love ya!

Popular Posts