Redecorations


Ok, so I've put up with colored lights on the tree for a few years now. When two strands went out, and the rest were set by the kids to flash, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to have "my" tree back. So I purchased 450 mini lights, removed all the colored lights, decorations, and gifts from the tree, and redecorated it with white lights, gold beaded strings, red and gold balls of non-breakable glitter, solid, and matte finished trims. I then added all our treasured ornaments collected over the years from Sam's to Santa's, penguins and stars. I added back the burgundy and gold Angel tree topper with coordinating skirt, replaced all the gifts and stood back. Ahhh. Oh the joy. Visual tranquility once again.
Until this year I didn't realize how much I become visually over-stimulated. Even at work I took down some of my QB decor because the quantity and color was too distracting for me to focus. Adult onset of ADD? Perhaps.

So the table is set for brunch tomorrow with an ivory colored cloth, red scarf down the center, a centerpiece of greenery with pine cones and berries. The white and gold china is set. The dishes are graced with white napkins tied with gold wired ribbon and sequined red balls. Ah to coordinate! It's part Dollar Tree, Hancock Fabrics, and Fred Meyer without a stitch of it homemade.

But the food...mostly from scratch except the croissants from Costco, and the eggnog from Darigold, and the .... :-)

Comments

Popular Posts