Inspiration for the New Year

After watching Julie and Julia I feel inspired to cook. Not French cooking mind you, but nutritious cooking by selecting one cookbook and cooking every recipe in the book.


Cooking is something I have done for necessity and occasionally for pleasure. It is not a hobby, nor an obsession, nor my idea of relaxation (except while kneading bread dough). It's almost a "have to". I can think of so many things that add pleasure to my life from gardening to skiing, crafting, journaling, quilting, reading, etc. Cooking is like exercising. I do it because it makes my body healthier, not that I particularly enjoy it... However, as long as it is necessary to family survival, it would be awesome to actually develop competency in creating daily nutritious and appetizing meals.

So the question remains, which book do I choose? We have a library of cookbooks, some more nutritious than others. So do I begin with a Weight Watchers, Holly Clegg's Trim and Terrific Diabetic Cookbook, or the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Simple Solutions for Eating Well?

I expect to think about this more and have a resolution on this subject come the New Year.



Oh and by the by, I am currently reading Austenland by Shannon Hale. While reading of the woman described as being "unnaturally buxom, in her fifties, and sported short, bleached heavily sprayed hair....", it occurred to me that I will be - oh no, 50 in a year. Aging and the realization of it is shocking!

Comments

Popular Posts