Homebound

My fifteen year old son thrives on social interactions. He's been cut off from the internet except for schoolwork, which includes a discussion forum on line. Last night he discovered it has a social network attached and he can communicate with classmates who also participate in the discussion group. He was ecstatic, especially after being homebound 2 days while sick.
Funny how you learn as parents. I too have been "homebound" and lacking in social interactions. Most of my communication is work or child related with a few brief conversations through telephone. I almost forget what it is like to be a friend, to have a friend, and to carry a conversation. And then I have a moment where I experience the joy of socialization and discover that I not only missed it, but need it. Thanks to my friends who push through the barriers and invite me into their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts