Accountability - processing (beware)

I'm laughing at myself. I don't like to be accountable. Why is that????

I deliberate over menus, take the time to shop and strategize, then don't follow the menu. I join WW, set my goals, and then don't track. I wake up and work out either by yoga or running for 30 minutes a couple times a week, but don't follow through on 30 minutes most days. I create chore lists, kid schedules, work schedules, and all kinds of plans, but set them aside to do other things or handle crisis. I piece together quilts and patterns but let them lay for years before quilting/binding them.

Why is it that I am so great at starting but so poor in follow through??? A creator and a planner but not a finisher and completer? Adult ADD?
Accountability?

I've realize most things that are a personal hang up if conquered would really make my life great. Take for example, menu planning. If I actually stuck to the menu I planned, I couldn't waste time asking myself "What shall we have for dinner tonight?" If I stuck to chore schedules - ok the kids would still ask "Why?" and "Do I have to?"
But imagine all the other things that would fall into place if they remained routine instead of constantly changing. For years I've blamed others for my lack of routine. I can't because of the kids, I can't because of my husband, I can't because of Mom, I can't.....

I think it's about time I CAN, don't you?

Since nearing age 49 I've been thinking what I want this next decade to be about. My 40's began as fun and ended by nearly crawling to the finish. I've been referring my age 49 as "farewell to 40's".

SO, what about 50's - I'm calling it my "Decade of Discipline."
It's time to quit the excuses and be accountable. And if I'm slacking, either sort it out or suck it up and move on.

So what is this thing with me and food...don't want to follow a plan and constantly "resuming the journey"? Hmmm.

Comments

Popular Posts