What it takes

Thrice this past year I've made overpayments at work. One I caught, two others were caught this week. I'm not suprised by the later two because both situations were complicated with clients changing programs and placements mid-month. However, the time it takes to uncomplicate payments is exhausting for me, so I prefer not to make them in the first place. This is definitely a weak area for me.
No matter what venue, if multiple people and multiple funds are involved - I get the money messed up whether it be RS Craft Day or budget, or payments. So I try to keep it as simple as possible, as often as possible.
Needless to say, by the time I arrived home from work (one hour later than usual) my brain was fried and I needed to rest in a quiet room for awhile. Sometimes my colony cooperates. Half of them manage to rest when they are weary without prompting, but two of them take at least one hour and much redirection to unwind at night. Not surprisingly, they don't rouse quickly in the morning either.
So after the Dept of Health update this morning, learning that H1N! has affected nearly 20-25% of the school population and people between the ages of 2-24 have the highest incidence of H1N!, it seemed logical that we stay in this evening and get my tired, grumpy kids to bed on time if not early.
The two late risers were sent to bed at 7:30 pm. And like toddlers, needed much in the way of "good night", drinks of water, kisses, and redirection to get to sleep. One, who could hardly keep his eyes open, complained he wasn't tired, though he didn't want to get up for seminary tomorrow. He ended up cuddling in my bedroom with the dog and listening to Bach adaggios before finally subcoming to sleep. The other went to bed about 1 hour earlier than her sister - screamed when sis turned on the light, but has since found her way to dream land.
Incidently I learned today that in our community that 3-4% of all pregnancies end in maternal mortality, but with the current H1N1 outbreak this fall that percentage has risen to 17%. Frightening. We have a lot of young pregnant women in the ward right now. I hope none of them become a part of this statistic!

Comments

Popular Posts