Delight 2 Gripe

Ever notice that the very things that bring us pleasure also create some irritation?
10 Things that bring satisfaction but also make me gripe:
(in no particular order)
1) Access to a cabin - I love being at the cabin, enjoying the quiet, the water, the wilderness, woody landscape...but I can't find time to go there as often as I plan. something else always comes up!
2) Tae Kwon Do - It tickles me pink that Chinstrap and Adelie are learning discipline, focus, physical fitness, personal respect...but it's hard on the pocket book!
3) My job - I am fond of contact with clients, providers, and families and connecting them with resources to support them....but I am swamped with to do lists and timelines, and everything is urgent!
4) High Speed Internet - I have a weakness for accessing the internet quickly for email, blogging, information, etc...but am unhappy with the instability of IE, the preferred web browser for my access.
5) Home - I am grateful to live in a safe quiet neighborhood...but feel pressured to do something about the kiwi willows that drop leaves and branches over the fence, and the quaking aspens shoots that invade our garden.
6) Inspiring meetings - I enjoy classes and meetings that give incentive to do better...but loathe the guilt that I could/should be doing more with my time.
7) Family - It's so good to be a mom and have children...but they sure take a lot of "my" time.
8) Weight Watchers - What is better than getting closer to the goal weight...except that I have to count points EVERYDAY~ for the rest of my life!
9) School - Our lives return again to routine schedules in one more week...but suddenly there is precious competition on the calendar for activities.
10) Chocolate - A daily indulgence in a morsel of chocolate is divine...but like Pooh with honey, I can't seem to store enough to last for when I really want it!

Comments

Popular Posts