Thank you EB!

I took Humbolt out for shopping while Chin Strap and Adelie were at the dojang. Shopping with Humbolt has been a most unpleasant experience in the past even to the point of her throwing clothes out of the dressing room while screaming at me. Needless to say, I typically dread and avoid it. However, she has grown from girls to misses and I've been confused by sizes and styles - trying to find the best fit for her.
So we first went to Fashion Bug. Although they had great discounts the clothing looked a bit mature for my tween daughter. Next stop was Kohls where the sales person recommended she select what she liked and try on different sizes...not overly helpful. In Humboldt's words "this just feels wrong". So I persuaded her to try one more stop and we entered the Eddie Bauer outlet. Bingo! The store wasn't overly busy and the sales were great. Best of all when I approached the sales people and said "My daughter here has gone from size girls to wearing my old clothes. We can't figure out her style or size - do you have time to help her find some clothes she is comfortable wearing?" They were fabulous. They took around the store exploring colors, styles, textures, and loaded a dressing room with possibilities. When she didn't like the look of something, or needed a different size, or wasn't sure - they responded. Voila! When I said I would purchase a few items today and more later, they were on it telling me how to watch for specials, which clothes would be best to grab now and which would be on sale soon, where to find coupons etc.
Thank you Megan and Jaclyn. Thank you Eddie Bauer. finally something that fits and looks good, best of all feels comfortable to Humbolt! This is the best shopping experience we have had together!

Comments

Popular Posts