Going off the Deep End

If I truly lose my rocker, go off the deep end, or whatever you call it I have a feeling I know where I'll go. Sometimes the idea of losing reality is too attractive, ya know. Ok so for awhile now I've had this fantasy of having a lake cabin somewhere semi remote. Going to Heyburn on the fourth only fueled it more. Since coming back, we've talked about getting a pop up tent trailer, and more.

Well I mentioned to a friend about my love for the lake there and how much I'd like to have a cabin someday. Wouldn't you know it, she has another friend with a log lake cabin there and is looking to sell!
I'm in la-la-land dreaming of buying it!

It's rustic (dilapidated is what her friend calls it) and needs a lot of TLC. It's got plumbing leaks in the unfinished basement....it would most likely be a money pit on state leased land. We are in a recession with sky rocketing costs and I want to buy a lake cabin? And where would I begin to have funds to buy it???What am I thinking? I have more to take care of here at home than I already have time and money to care for.

Yet, I've gone off to the deep end dreaming of it. It has a large picture window looking out over the lake from a secondary lot. We could got here on weekends because it is close to home....and we wouldn't have to pack up gear each time we wanted to get out of town...I'd even give up my dream of vacationing in Italy.

Stepping out of the car onto my driveway, reality sets in.
But oh what fun it is to dream!

Comments

Sam said…
Reminds me of going to the Paulson's cabin with Jana a few summers in high school. Fun! Too bad about reality.
Fussy Faddist said…
I couldn't believe it when I mentioned this fantasy to the BOG gals. They suggested we play up the fantasy a little longer by going there and having a picnic on Sunday afternoon! Way to Go Gals!
Jo said…
Ahhh,a cabin by the lake, sounds peaceful and heavenly.I hope you get to visit and I would love to hear your opinion afterwards.

Popular Posts