Turning it over

The kids used to do a cooperative activity in therapy. The group stood around a blanket that was spread out on the floor. Without the use of their hands, as a group they had to completely flip the blanket over and lay it flat back on the ground. Often it was unsuccessful because different people refused to work cooperatively and in a team. On occasion they all managed to work it out and complete the task. I think they called it turning a new leaf.

So today, I'm going to bullet my current pre-occupations and the ones I can't control I will them over to God. If you are reading this - please note - sometimes my blog is my therapy outlet.


Child #1 - over active, deceitful, and wanting to burst out of his space and take control, can be very insightful, and easy to enjoy 1:1, interesting and talented
Child #2 - over reactive, angry, impulsive, hyperverbal, and easily misinterprets others, easily offended, picks at his fingers, ticks caused by medication (?), great imagination
Child #3 - overeating, excessively preoccupied with own wants, insensitive, acne, lonely, concrete thinker, over reactive, insatiable appetite for food and things, gets down to business and executes tasks quickly
Child #4 - overly dependent, academically lagging, lonely, oversensitive, low image of own abilities, emerging awareness of environment, imaginative, sensitive to the emotions of others.

Mother - anxious, lonely, too free with budget, aging,underestimates / underutilizes own abilities, moving in or roommate (?), supportive

Home - clean air ducts, redo sprinkler system, tree removal, restore landscape, weed/plant garden, paint living room and bedrooms (2), carpets, housecleaning,

Weightwatchers - tracking, monitoring, exercising

Work - forgetting simple steps

Schools - inattentive and slow to anticipate or respond to social and academic obstacles.

Wow looking at this list - too much is within my control and I'm putting all my energy into things I can't control - typical :-) Overwhelmed with things that need to be done, I switch to thinking about what I can't do.

Comments

Popular Posts