Kids stuff

I have a kid (male) who will not do work. He will not do school work, he will not do homework. He doesn't care about loss of privileges, nor will he work for a privilege or reward. If he spends hours literally doing nothing, he's OK with that too. Suggestions???

I spent 4 1/2 hours working / monitoring time outs with him for him to produce 6 sentences of work. When he was done he said "Wow. All of that could have been done in 10 minutes time!"
I resisted the urge to yell "DUH!"

My twelve year old says "I'm ruining her life" - BTW she was the one complaining about lack of Wii during conference.

My 9 year old was asking about what I get paid for work. I explained my job and that I work for the government. She listened quietly and then said "You will get 1, 2, or 3 dollars for your bank account then."

Finally, my oldest child has been having trouble in a class at school. Dad went to school to talk with the teacher and child about the problem. When my husband left he was a papa bear ready to defend his young. When he returned home he had reversed his position somewhat, and my son worked like a fiend last night to advance his school work. One of his projects was to learn about an occupation that interests him. He learned that to become a psychologist, he would have to pay about $160,000.00 in all for tuition, books, and housing. Suddenly grades and scholarships took on a new meaning :-)

Comments

Popular Posts