One step at a time

My husband introduced me to a running program called
One Step at a Time.
The plan takes 30 min daily and gradually gets you to a 30 min run in 12 weeks. For those who are in OK shape it says you can begin at week 3. I began at week 2 and moved to week 5 today!

Week 1 Walk 20 min
Week 2 Walk 30 min
Week 3 Run 2 min, walk 4 min:complete the sequence 5 times
Week 4 Run 3 min, walk 3 min: complete the sequence 5 times
Week 5 Run 5 min, walk 2 1/2 min: complete the sequence 4 times
Week 6 Run 7 min, walk 3 min; complete the sequence 3 times
Week 7 Run 8 min, walk 2 min; complete the sequence 3 times
Week 8 Run 9 min, walk 2 min: complete the sequence 2 times, then run 8 min
Week 9 Run 9 min, walk 1 min: complete the sequence 3 times
Week 10 Run 13 min, walk 2 min; complete the sequence 2 times
Week 11 Run 14 min, walk 1 min; complete the sequence 2 times
Week 12 Run 30 min

Just be sure to stretch those calve muscles well before and after!

Comments

Sam said…
I need to do this. I miss running. On the plus side, just did a health check thingy at work and I've got great cholesterol levels, glucose levels, and blood pressure, so I may be chubby but I'm not dying yet :-).
Jo said…
I think I need to do this but with walking...running won't work right now.
Rick said…
Do they have a program where the main component involves pushing buttons on the TV remote?

Popular Posts