My sister, brother in law, and nephew spent the weekend at Mom's place generously providing set up on the new computer they gave her. We had a great time together.

Among other things, we shopped for fleece that was intended as a gift. Once I found this fabric, I had to have it (the end of bolt was barely sufficient to make the blanket.) I love the bright colors (it has periwinkle ! ) and geometric design. The back is lime green. I was reluctant to give it up. Then I discovered the intended recipient had already received more than 2 blankets already, so I kept it.

These three are less than enthused that I kept it myself - they each thought it should be theirs. Note the "please Mom" look from our son in the middle. Even the family dog wanted to claim it.

While giving my nephew a break from my kids (they tend to overwhelm him - imagine that), we went roller skating. This is the second time skating in a month. I learned first hand why my children always request the roller blades rather than the traditional 4 wheel skates. Blades are way easier!!!

I've discovered that some friends go salsa dancing every friday night. Hmm. Maybe that will be our next "thing". Who would have guessed that 2 years post cancer diagnosis, I would be skating, dancing, quilting, losing weight, and living a more active life than I had in the previous 10 years?

I was worried breast cancer was a "death sentence". Instead it's an invitation for living!

Comments

Jo said…
Love the fleece blanket.

Is that your house you took the photo in? What does the saying on the wall say?

Way to go on your weight loss and your increased activity. I really believe it does help your outlook on life.

Popular Posts