Tell Me Again Why I'm Doing This?

Well. I did it. I joined Weight Watchers. Sigh - resignation. I Can DO This!!!!
I figure I can take a nutrition class, hire a nutritionist, or join weight watchers.

My husband took I took my eleven year old daughter with us for her education and my support. She expressed on the outside my feelings inside - shoulders slouched, pitiful "bored" look on her face, and total "why am I doing this again?" While in this huge line of new year's resolution's gang (who by the way looked very much the same as my daughter), I informed her "change your attitude because you are here to keep me from being in a bad mood when I get done today." (nothing like putting my own responsibility in the hands of someone else!) By mid way through she learned to count points she said "this actually looks fun" and then she found a cookbook she thought she'd like. By the time we left she was smiling with her own passport in hand.

At home I rearranged the pantry and cookbook shelf to make room for my new life and weed out all the leftover licorice, heath toffee chips, and cake mixes. Would you believe while doing this three of my four kids offered me bites of their food - milkshake, licorice, tortilla chips, and salted cashews,? Reflecting - just how many times a day have I just had a nibble of this and a slurp of that??? I practiced "no" as nicely as I could.

So here I go...I can do this!

Comments

Jo said…
Way to go and yes you can do it!!!

Popular Posts