I have to believe...

God knows better than I do.

My youngest daughter started attending the neighborhood school last week. Last night I was nearly in tears as she told me how much she missed her old school and friends. Yet, she has already exhibiting greater independence and skills than she had before and during winter break. I'm sure that as she makes new friends, she will feel better about this decision.

My eleven year old daughter experienced her first steps into womanhood this week. The boys were jealous that I honored her (with a pink rose) for this rite of passage. However in the same week, she learned her best friend is no longer her friend and instead has been recruiting her school peers to view her as "uncool".

Last Sunday our Stake redistributed the ward boundaries and many friends changed to a new ward, while former friends, joined us. Our ward new ward has the smallest Primary and YM/YW than any other in the stake. My children are very impulsive, and often noticeably socially awkward. My husband prefers to be invisible at church. So, now we are all apparent to everyone else. It demands growth (and hopefully improved social skills too.)

And my uncle (mother's brother) passed away, last June, but we didn't learn of it until our Christmas cards were returned, stamped "deceased".

And sadly, the most devastating news of all is that my friend, one of my mentors for breast cancer, has been diagnosed with leukemia. It is suspected that the treatment she received to cure her breast cancer actually triggered this disease. Without new treatment, she may last 3 weeks to 3 months. This wonderful woman is not ready to face death and is going to be fighting for her life from the 7th floor of SHMC.

Sometimes life just seems cruel.

I have to believe that through it all my Heavenly Father has a better view of things than I do, and "it will all come together for our good". I have to believe.

Comments

Popular Posts