silver and gold


I like to think I'm beyond envy...but I'm not.



We had a wonderful annual BOG Christmas party at the Gordon's last weekend. The food was fabulous, but the ornamentation and ambiance was exceptional. I fell "in love" with the decor. In fact, when trying to decide if I had time and energy for the table hostess (see my favorite things) I had to bail out on volunteering because all I could think of was that I wanted to re-create that table setting for the RS dinner! Keelyn set the table with a gold swirl patterned tablecloth and matching napkins, with gold stitched white place mats, gold napkin rings, white china, and glasses / goblets with gold rims. Each plate had a gold leaf ornament with a jingle bell attached. The centerpiece was a large vase with a red candle and jingle bells at the base.
The tree was also decorated with golden icicles and bulbs (great job Jolyn!) The music played softly and the conversation - It's a BOG thing -fun.
Remember to practise your 10 second kisses!

At the RS Dinner last night, once again the decor was stunning! This time white, blue, and silver. The walls flowed with dangling white lights, and delicate white infant blessing gowns draped beneath, silver bulbs clustered in vases and trees wound throughout. As for food, the crepes were sensational! Our table held a Christmas table runner and musical nativity snow globe. But the table companions were "our favorite things" as we truly appreciate and admire one another. The Enrichment committee really did a great job!
Once again the green envy monster arose and I found myself at JoAnns at 9 pm last night, making a 7 yd purchase of 60% off holiday fabric. Like I have time to create anything right now!



Now my dreams fancy images in white, blue, silver, and gold.

Comments

Popular Posts