Quick Buzz

Completed the first day back to work yesterday. What a wonderful group of people to work with! They offered lots of "welcome back, we missed you" and were careful not to overwhelm me and provide time to sort through my email and paperwork. My supervisor took on some heroic duties that occurred on my caseload in my absence. One co-worker even gave me a gift of quilting fat quarters (!!) of Christmas fabric. (She is a quilt lover too, and much faster at completing projects than I am.)
Home didn't go quite as smoothly. I think the kids missed knowing I was home all day. By 10 pm I was getting pretty snippy and telling everyone to "go to bed!', and even locked my door for a few minutes.
It's time for another learning curve - managing home and work better together!

Comments

Sam said…
Hey - glad your first day back went well, at least the work part. Re-entry and re-adjustment always takes a while, eh?

Popular Posts